Hagerstown City Park is a publicurban park just southwest of the central business district of Hagerstown, Maryland, United States. The park is located at the junction of Virginia Avenue, Key Street, Walnut Street, Prospect Street, and Memorial Boulevard. In 1916, under pressure from the public, the City of Hagerstown purchased land to be used for the City Park. The Maryland State General Assembly passed a bill creating a five-member Park Commission in 1918. Three years later, a swamp in the park was drained creating Lower Lake. And in 1924, Mr. and Mrs. Singer donated the Washington County Museum of Fine Arts to City Park.History
City Park has been called "America's Second Most Beautiful City Park" and has been designated as a local Preservation Design District since 1989. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1990. The district also includes the surrounding industrial area and residential neighborhoods. It consists largely of a late 19th and early 20th century residential area with most houses dating from 1890-1930.
There are numerous walking paths and playgrounds in the park as well as athletic facilities such as lighted tennis courts and a baseball field. An outdoor concert stage which holds city events including part of Western Maryland Blues Fest is located in the center of City Park. Also within the park is Park Plaza, a luxury condominium complex.
Additionally, many of Hagerstown's most visited museums can be found within City Park: